Recipe – Christmas Chocolate Canapes.

0

Christmas is not only a time for family, friends, giving and receiving…it’s also a time for indulgence. And what better time of the year to try out a new recipe, combining chocolate, cream and biscuits to tempt your nearest and dearest?

My chocolate truffles are famous back home. Try my recipe and you’ll see why! Dish them out at your christmas party or make as gifts for your chocoholic friends (a perfect way to save money and become an instant flat favourite!)

INGREDIENTS:

400ml Double Cream

400g Good Quality Dark Chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids (I like Green & Black’s cooking dark choc)

10 Digestive Biscuits, crushed (Use a rolling pin and plastic bag, very therapeutic)

3 tbsp Hazelnuts, crushed

METHOD:

1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.

2. When melted, stir in the cream until both the cream and the chocolate are fully mixed together.

3. Pour into a plastic tupperware box and refrigerate until hardened.

4. Now for the messy bit; combine both the biscuits and hazelnuts in a bowl. Using a teaspoon to scoop out sections of the truffle mix, roll into small balls and then coat them in the biscuit/hazelnut mix.

5. Place in tiny cases to give is presents, or if you can’t resist indulge yourself. Enjoy!

I have always wanted to write. It’s more of a need than a want. I will not rest until I am a professional journalist, and I am going to start with the Wessex Scene…