The BEST Macaroni Cheese

0

This is one of my all-time favourite dishes. Cheese, bacon and pasta? You can’t go wrong really, since this dish is so simple and it never fails to please! This dish is the ultimate comfort food on a cold, dark night when you’re all tired out after your lectures. Alternatively, you can bake the pasta for friends/love interest and you’ll be sure to impress them!

Ingredients (for 4 people):

400g Macaroni

300g Pack Philadelphia Light

8 Rashers Unsmoked Back Bacon, chopped into small pieces

200g Frozen Peas

100g Grated Cheddar

Drop of Milk (If needed, to thin the sauce)

Method:

1. Preheat the Grill to high. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and, once boiled, add the macaroni. Cover with a lid and stir occasionally to prevent the macaroni from sticking.

2. Whilst the pasta is cooking fry the bacon in a large non stick pan. When starting to crisp, add the frozen peas.

3. When the frozen peas have defrosted, add the philadelphia to the pan and continue stirring. It should start to form a thick, creamy, cheesy sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add some milk until it reaches the right consistency.

4. Once the macaroni is cooked, drain it and add to a large casserole dish.

5. Stir the sauce into the macaroni, making sure it is probably coated.

6. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of the macaroni and place under the grill.

7. After about 5 minutes, or when the cheese has melted and has started to brown and bubble, remove the macaroni from the grill.

8. Eat and enjoy!

I have always wanted to write. It's more of a need than a want. I will not rest until I am a professional journalist, and I am going to start with the Wessex Scene...