Chocolate Chip + Peanut Butter Cookies

4

These cookies are incredible. I invented them one Friday evening in a sudden burst of cooking inspiration. I adore both Peanut Butter and Nutella – I’ve been prone to eating them out of the jar with a spoon – and I thought that together, they could be amazing. One day after lectures I was bored and hungry so decided to do a bit of baking to cheer myself up. Cookies are the answer, I thought. I also like to make these milk chocolates with peanut butter in the middle which are the nicest thing in the world, even if I do say so myself. What if I combined peanut butter and chocolate in cookies? I decided to create these to see if they worked. Oh boy, they really, really do. Try not to eat them all in one go like I did. I don’t think it’s very healthy.

Ingredients:

8tbsp Wholemeal Flour
2tbsp Brown Sugar
4 tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
50g Salted Butter
4tbsp Milk Chocolate Chips
10tsp Nutella

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C (150C if your using the fan ovens in Montefiore 4) and grease a large baking tray. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour. As you’re using wholemeal, you may be left with lots of bits in the sieve – just chuck them in the bin.

2. Place the butter in a microwavable bowl and blast for 1 minute until melted. Add the sugar and the melted butter to the mixture.

3. Stir in the chocolate chips and the peanut butter.

4. Roll the cookies into little balls in your hands – you should be able to make about 10. Place them on the baking tray and press them down to flatten them, but leaving little spaces between the cookies.

5. Press down onto the middle of each of the cookies to make a little dip. Put a teaspoon of Nutella in each of the cookies, then cover the dip with the sides of the cookie.

6. Place the cookies in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes.

7. When the cookies are done, remove them from the oven and leave them to settle for about 10 minutes. When slightly hardened but still warm, transfer them to a cooling rack.

Enjoy! I like to eat them greedily with a glass of milk. Indulge alone or share them out with your flatmates.They’ll love you forever.

I have always wanted to write. It's more of a need than a want. I will not rest until I am a professional journalist, and I am going to start with the Wessex Scene...

I don’t come to Wessex scene to pick holes in people’s articles. However the picture for your article is really letting you down. I actually only clicked on the link because I thought the plate showed a plate of fossilized feces. When writing about food good photographs are essential as people are more tempted and convinced to try recipes that look delicious.
    Flattering angles, good lighting and correct white balance can be achieved with the most basic digital cameras. Just experiment and try to make your pictures as delicious looking as possible because it will make your articles perfect.
    Also combining peanut butter and chocolate is quite an established culinary practice.

Imogen

That’s really mean and unnecessary…

Samuel Gilonis

Looks like advice to me.