Make Southampton’s Best Drinks…Yourself!

2

If you’re planning on having a party or just want to impress, check out some of these recipes. I’ve been watching the barmen at my favourite clubs/pubs/bars make the best cocktails and after trying them out myself, I can’t tell the difference!

Orange Room’s Jammy Dodger Shot:

Wet the rim of a shot glass in milk and then cover it in caster sugar. Fill half the shot glass with Chambord, the other half with single cream. Down in one.

Penthouse 90’s Dangerous Nutella Martini:

Fill a glass (they use Martini glasses but I suggest using shot glasses unless you want to spend the rest of your evening with your head in a toilet) halfway with vanilla vodka, then top up the other half with Frangelico.

The Jesticle:

Fill a glass with as much alcohol as you can muster. It doesn’t matter which. Top up with a mix of orange and pineapple juice. Or, if you’re after a classier version, fill a 1/4 of the glass with Malibu and the rest of tropical fruit juice.

The Frodo

Fill a pint glass with two shots of vodka and one shot of peach schnapps. Add a shot of cranberry juice and fill the rest of the glass with lemonade.

Turtle Bay’s Koko Colada:

In a blender, add 2 shots of Koko Kanu, 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and half a glass of pineapple juice. Finish with a tiny grating of nutmeg, a handful of icecubes and blend.

Barnamint Baileys (this is actually from a place called Bar 55 in Camden, but it’s so delicious that I just have to include it):

In a blender, add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2 shots of baileys, half a glass of milk, a drop of peppermint essence and 2 Oreo cookies. Blend and serve.

I have always wanted to write. It's more of a need than a want. I will not rest until I am a professional journalist, and I am going to start with the Wessex Scene...

bar 55 is the greatest cocktail bar in the world! I like all the different Southampton places mentioned, you could make an alcoholic map of that place…