Party Picks for Southampton This Season!

0

In the Scene logoI can barely contain my excitement writing this article as winter has finally arrived! This means an array of Bonfire nights, Christmas parties and let’s face it – several excuses for a night out in Southampton. With a new season comes new fashions, and in this article I’ll be recommending some of the best party pieces on the High street (student-friendly prices of course) You’re sure to be set for a great party season here at Southampton University, just make sure you don’t spill jesticles all over these numbers…

hm dressTo kick start the selection, I’ve chosen this gorgeous Chiffon dress from H&M at a purse-friendly £24.99 – perfect for the winter ball or any formal nights out you may have planned this winter. In a lovely cerise colour, its sure to make you stand out, yet still has an elegant feel to it. Team it with a pair of black stilettos for extra wow-factor. If pink’s not your colour, then it also comes in black or a dazzling star design. Either way this dress is a winner in making you the ‘Belle of the Ball.’

This next dress is from New look for £17.99. It’s much more casual, perfect for a house party or a night out to Sobar or Oceana. The black monochrome design tricks the eye as it creates a slimming effect and practically banishes unwanted curves. The bodycon style is perfect for clubs and bars and is extremely flattering on any shape.

azz51277_ivory_default_xl

This one from Boohoo for £12 is just as nice and the great thing about these dresses is that they can be dressed down or made much more formal by the shoes you choose to wear with them. Pair them with a reasonably high pair of heels and statement jewellery to compliment the fabulous designs. New look dress

miss selfridge

My next pick is a little different and if you’re willing to spend over £40 for a statement piece then this is a good pick. This beautiful stretch dress from Miss Selfridge comes in at £45 but its clear why as the details on the neck and chest area are absolutely stunning. The sequin finish and the sheer black material combine to make a beautiful Christmas piece, perfect for any party. The great thing about this number is that it will never date and will remain wardrobe royalty.  Get it or regret it ladies, this dress is to die for.

river island

My last chosen party piece is a beautiful midi dress from River island with a fabulous ‘Renaissance print column’ design. This dress is perfect with loads of stand-out accessories and will suit any shape. At £25 it’s not a bad price for River Island and the abstract print makes it worth every penny. On cold winter evenings this dress is great as it covers up your legs yet still looks absolutely stunning.

This season really is the best for fashion worshippers and what better way to enjoy a night out than to feel and look great? Be the ‘Southampton Showstopper’ this winter and wow the audience with the perfect party piece. Just make sure you check outfit ideas with your flatmates before stepping out, in case of any ‘Fashion faux-pas’ !

BA English Student Love to write creative pieces, and articles based on fashion and lifestyle. Love theatre and performance, walking my dog and spending hours in small coffee shops.