Candy Crush : A/W Pastels

2

In the Scene logoI admit that I’ve always thought of pastels as being restricted to spring fashion. Beautiful shades of pale pink, baby blue, mint green and lemon seem to be traditionally linked to the pastel colours of Easter eggs and new flowers blooming.  The pastel trend has certainly been heating up as the weather has got colder, even though Winter fashion is usually associated with dark tones. Although these tones are very versatile, I think it’s time to add a bit of colour to the traditional winter wardrobe!

You can’t feel grumpy about grey skies and chilly mornings when you’re cosy in a baby pink coat! One of the great things about this trend is that, by the time Spring comes back round, you won’t be faced with the awkward seasonal transition phase, as you’ll still be able to wear the same pieces from this season!  Here’s my pick of the best pieces on the High Street and how some UK bloggers have interpreted the trend…

Photo courtesy of www.topshop.com
Photo courtesy of www.topshop.com

Topshop has definitely embraced the winter pastels trend. If you visit their famous Oxford Street store then you’ll be spoilt for choice by gorgeous garments in an array of sugar shades. My favourite is this fluffy angora mix jumper, £46, which is sure to keep you cosy!

Photo courtesy of Debenhams
Photo courtesy of Debenhams

I love the pink coat trend; it’s just really fun! This one from Red Herring at Debenhams is a bargain at £52.50 – grab it while you can.

If  you want to dip into the trend with pastel accessories, this beautifully soft and fluffy angora hat , £18 from John Lewis, is perfect. The cute and classic beret style is timeless!

Photo courtesy of John Lewis
Photo courtesy of John Lewis

If you’re not sure how to go about the trend, street style bloggers provide some great style inspiration!

I love this look by The Nyanzi report on Asos Fashionfinder, as it shows how easily you can incorporate pieces you already own into the pastel trend.

The Nyanzi Report via Asos fashion finder
The Nyanzi Report via Asos Fashionfinder

This look by Doniaz on Asos Fashionfinder gives a cool grunge twist to the pastel trend, proving that you don’t need to be a ‘girly girl’ to get involved!

Image from Asos
Image from Doniaz, Asos Fashionfinder

Olivia Purvis of www.whatoliviadid.com pairs her pink coat with chic black garments and accessories.

Photo courtesy of Olivia Purvis of www.whatoliviadid.com

Will you be joining with the pastel trend this season?