Transitional Style Staples

0

It’s a tricky time of year for High Street fashion. While the last of the sale rails are lingering, stores are filled with enticing new season products. Although it can be tempting to splash your cash on some new garments as soon as you spot them, you can stretch out your budget a little further with a set of basic items that you can simply chuck on before a 9am lecture! Here’s how. 

1. Knitwear
It’s not the time to invest in (pricey!) chunky knits just yet!

Boucle jumper, River Island, £25
Boucle jumper, River Island, £25

Light knitwear should be enough to keep you cosy. Pick versatile block colours, such as pastels, which will see you through the winter season and still be useful when spring rolls back around.

2. Ankle Boots

Boots, £25, New Look
Boots, £25, New Look

A pair of black ankle boots is a must! Team them with dresses now and add thick tights as the weather cools. They also look great with skinny jeans and a lumberjack shirt for a more relaxed look. Pick a classic style, such as this Chelsea boot, to ensure that your boots will still look chic next season.

3. Distressed look boyfriend jeans 

Topshop Reclaim to Wear Mom Jeans, £42
Topshop Reclaim to Wear Mom Jeans, £42

Wear them with cropped lace tees in the summer and add chunky knitwear in winter. They’ll look great with a black leather jacket and a lacy blouse for the perfect mix of girly and masculine style when the autumn weather arrives.

satchel
Kingston Satchel, £32, Accessorize

4. The Satchel Bag
Large enough to fit all your notes, a satchel bag is perfect for taking with you to lectures. Check charity shops for an authentic vintage version (if you are lucky!) or scout the High Street for modern day updates like this Accessorize bag.

5. The Statement Necklace

Whilst a statement necklace might not seem like

Necklace, Topshop, £20
Necklace, Topshop, £20

an essential item,  it is surprisingly versatile! This accessory brightens up even the most plain of outfits and can be used as a means of taking your outfits from day wear to evening wear.

Don’t forget to take your new student ID with you when you hit the shops for discounts in many High Street retailers!