Best Budget Beauty Buys

0

One thing I realised went I got to university was that I had to budget. Gone were the splurges on insignificant things. Instead, any spare cash was going towards food or bills. However, for somebody who is as much of a beauty junkie as myself, there was no way I was going to cut down on my buying totally, so I started searching for the best bargain beauty items, and here are my top five!

8846927331358MUA Eye Shadow palettes

At £4 these palettes are a steal. Comparable to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, they’re highly pigmented and all come with a huge (twelve!) range of colours, in both matte and shimmer shades. My personal favourite is the ‘Heaven and Earth’ palette, but, of course, they’re all incredible.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer8838622314526

A cult favourite. The best concealer I’ve ever used, period. There’s a reason it’s one of the most hyped products in the blogosphere, try it and you’ll see why. Many bloggers even choose this concealer over high end beauty brands. As well as expertly covering dark circles and blemishes, it’s water resistant and stays put for up to 16 (!) hours. 

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks Blusher

Natural Collection productions can be hit and miss, but their blushers (specifically peach-melba and pink cloud) are lightweight and pigmented. At £1.99 they’re definitely worth a try!

8838529253406Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Pencil

A classic. Strong colours and lasts all day; this is the best bargain eyeliner.

Barry M Nail Paints8843687886878

In almost every colour under the sun, I think that the Barry M Nail Paints have become rather obsolete in the past few years. Once the holy grail of nail varnishes, they’re now passed over for the Essies and OPIs instead; but there’s no need for this! The Barry M formula is better than ever, so there’s no need to be spending more than £2.99 on nail varnish!

What are your favourite bargain beauty buys? 

Cat Lady and journalist. Ex-records editor (2014-2015) over at The Edge, and South West Regional Officer for the Student Publication Association.