SS15: Top High Street Picks

0

Although it’s often grey outside at the moment, the Spring/Summer season is in full swing on the UK High Street! Here’s my pick of the top items on the High Street right now.

1. The High Neck Blouse

Blouse, £36, Topshop
Blouse, £36, Topshop

A quintessentially elegant item, this blouse is surprisingly versatile. Even if you think it’s too ‘girly’ for your wardrobe, it can definitely work! Play up its romantic appeal by pairing it with floral prints or add a tougher vibe with Mom jeans, chunky flat shoes and a leather jacket.

new look dress
New Look, £19.99

2. The Smock Dress
In a flattering smock shape, this dress is the perfect way to dip into the Seventies trend which is set to be huge this SS season. Layer it over a black polo neck top while it’s cooler and team with a faded cropped denim jacket and tan sandals when the sun makes an appearance.

3. The Chunky Brogue 

Daisy Street Brogues, ASOS, £24.99
Daisy Street Brogues, ASOS, £24.99

The brogue has been a popular shoe style for a very long time but this chunky style gives a modern update to a much loved classic. Wear them now now with a chunky knit jumper and skinny jeans or pair with rolled up Mom jeans and a Breton top for a casual spring-ready look.

Zara, £35.99
Zara, £35.99

4. The Floral Trouser
What better way is there to welcome the SS season than by incorporating some floral prints into your wardrobe? This pair from Zara will look great now with a plain chunky jumper and in the warmer months with a cropped tshirt and flat sandals.

5. The Tote Bag 

Topshop, £28
Topshop, £28

This printed tote bag from Topshop is perfect for lectures as it’s big enough to carry everything you need for a day at uni. It will also make a great bag to take on beach trips – so think of it as an investment piece!

Heading to the shops? Don’t forget to take your student ID with you as some retailers offer a 10% student discount.