Spring Style Staples – Knitwear

0

With the return of sunny days and blue skies in the spring months, it might seem tempting to banish all knitwear to the back of  your wardrobe in favour of shorts, sandals and summer dresses. But we all know how unpredictable the weather in Southampton can be, so knitwear is an essential part of your wardrobe all year round. I’ll be showing you my pick of knitwear available on the High Street as we head into the Spring/Summer season. 

1. The Tile Print Kimono 

Kimono, Topshop, £42
Kimono, Topshop, £42

This knitted monochrome kimono from Topshop is great for layering. Wear it on colder days over a knitted black roll neck, black skinny jeans and ankle boots. On warmer days, simply team it with a white tee and denim shorts. The perfect transitional piece!

2. The Pastel Knit

Superdry, £44.99
Superdry, £44.99

Pastels make a welcome return for Spring 2015. Whether you prefer sugary pinks, baby blues or fresh greens, Superdry has a jumper to suit you. The Icarus knit, available in a range of beautiful pastel colours, is light enough to wear on warm days.

river island cardigan
Cardigan, River Island, £26

3. The Essential Summer Cardigan

This cropped white cardigan from River Island is another example of a useful and versatile transitional piece. It can be layered over heavier tops for colder days and used as a cover up over summer dresses on cool summer evenings.

4. The Festival Essential 

aos
Asos, £35

This longline crochet knit cardigan from ASOS will be your best friend this festival season. It taps into the 70s trend which is big for Spring and Summer and will look great over floral dresses. It can also be paired with denim shorts and a cropped vest for a more casual look.