Itchy Feet Fashion Fix

0

itchy feet1This Friday the 13th the vintage night hosted by Itchy Feet returns to Southampton’s Engine Rooms. With music ranging across Funk, Soul, Rock n Roll, Rhythm & Blues, Reggae and Ska, it’s all about the old. Whilst there’s no official dress code, the event is the perfect opportunity to get your retro on. Students are notorious lovers of fancy-dress and Portswood’s range of charity shops certainly have some hidden gems, so there’s no excuse for turning up in your usual night-out attire! Whether you just want to give a slight nod to the theme or go all out in costume, here’s some last minute outfit ideas:

20s Gangsters & Flappersflapper headband

For the girls, a feather headband and silky gloves will add instant glam to any plain shift dress. Be sure to end your eyeliner with a flick, give yourself a beauty spot and you’ll really look the part.

Guys should don suit trousers and a tie to look sharp, but make sure you find yourself a waistcoat because you won’t last past the first song trying to boogie away in a blazer! Fedora hats are the perfect finishing touch, though be aware they might not make it home with you.

grease men

50s Rock ‘n’ Roll

Pretty dresses or circle skirts are a must for any girls opting for this era. Add a spotty neck scarf, frilly socks and white plimsolls for comfort that fits perfectly with the theme.

Channel Danny from Grease in jeans, a white T-shirt and black leather jacket, and for those who can, we expect to see some overly hair-sprayed quiffs!

pace sign

Swinging 60s

Bring out your inner hippy with psychedelic patterns and peace signs – think flower power, bold prints and the Beatles in the late 60s! Alternatively, girls can also channel the Mod look with a shift dress a la Twiggy.

Whichever era you decide to opt for, the retro music is sure to get you in the Itchy Feet spirit – have fun!