City Break Chic

0

City breaks are more popular than ever with students and it’s easy to see why. If you’re heading away for a few days away of sightseeing and shopping over the Easter holidays, make sure you pack light but, more importantly, pack right with this City Break style guide.

Often on budget airlines, your luggage allowance will be restricted so make the most of the room you have by combining versatile pieces which can be used for both day and night.

mom jeans
Topshop, £40

1. Mom jeans 
Comfy enough both for flying and roaming around during the day, Mom jeans are a great solution for city breaks. Opt for a faded bleached pair with a nod to relaxed summer style, like these from Topshop. Team with a Breton stripe top, plimsolls and a chunky knit cardigan for the perfect Alexa Chung- style casual look.

2. Biker Jacket 

New Look, £39.99
New Look, £39.99

A faux leather biker jacket is a handy cover-up to use for both day and night. Pair in the day time with skinny jeans and a chunky knit jumper and, at night, use it to add a tougher vibe to a lace dress. It’s also a useful layer if you’re not sure how hot your destination is going to be; it will keep you warm if you need it but it won’t weigh you down.

3. Sensible Shoes

Cath Kidston, £16
Cath Kidston, £16

It’s pretty obvious, but if you’re going to be on your feet all day you need to be wearing comfy shoes! You don’t want memories of your holiday to be obscured by blisters and aching feet. However, sensible shoes don’t have to be dull. Try out a printed plimsoll to add some colour to your look (and keep your feet happy!).  Head to Cath Kidston for floral designs or try Vans for Liberty printed plimsolls.

4. Cross Body Bag

Accessorize, £25
Accessorize, £25

Backpacks have seen a surge in popularity in recent years and while they are useful for keeping your hands free, they can pose a security risk especially in crowded places and on public transport. Instead, opt for a cross body bag which will still allow you to keep your hands free with the added benefit of being able to keep your belongings in front of you at all times! This bag from Accessorize also has a zip fastening for extra security.

Whatever you’re doing this Easter, enjoy the holidays!