Style Staples: Denim

Denim has been reinvented: the skinny jean is out, in favour of baggier shapes with higher hem lines and faded blue as the hue of the moment. Denim has never been bigger and more diverse with designers showcasing ripped, bleached, tailored, and cropped denim. These trends are sure to make their way to the high street this spring/summer. One thing is for sure, denim is a staple whatever the season, and is set to be a huge spring trend so invest in key pieces now and they’ll see you through to the warmer months.

Mom Jeans

mom jeans2

Mom jeans are possibly the hottest trend right now, if you don’t have a pair, trust me, you need one. Not only are they on trend, they’re also really comfortable, unlike the super tight skinny jeans that have historically been popular, making them perfect to wear to lectures!

MOTO Vintage Mom Jeans, £40, Topshop

The Denim Dress

denim dress

The denim dress, made even more popular by Alexa Chung, and her range of beautiful denim dresses, is a must for this spring/summer, this super cute bustier dress by Warehouse is proof that denim isn’t just androgynous, it can be feminine and girly too.

Denim Bustier Dress, £37.50, Warehouse for Asos

The Oversized, Bleached Denim Jacket

denim jacket

A denim jacket can see you from winter to summer so it’s worth investing in a good quality one. This season’s denim jacket is bleached or acid wash and oversized. Simply pair with a fringed shoulder bag and fedora to nail the retro 70s vibe that’s set to take spring/summer fashion by storm.

Vintage Levi’s Denim Jacket, £55, Urban Outfitters

Denim Shorts

Denim Shorts

Denim shorts are a must whether you wear them in the summer, or for a night out at jesters! Team with a pair of thick black tights until the weather gets warmer.

Acid Wash High Waisted Shorts, £28, River Island

dungarees (2)

It seems everyone was wearing a pair of these to London Fashion Week, but dungarees aren’t just for the fashion forward, they’re becoming much more of a staple piece, whether long or short, just make sure they’re blue, and oversized.

Short Dungarees, £29.99, New Look