Style Staples: The Spring Shoe Edit

The move into spring fashion has begun, and whilst the weather’s still temperamental, this seasons’ shoe range will keep you covered in all eventualities. Here’s my top 5 pick of high-street shoe styles as seen on the S/S’15 catwalk.

loafer 2

1. Loafers: Fashion and functionality combine to form the flat of this season. Pair with anything from rolled-up skinny jeans to a summer dress. Office has a wide range of styles so take your pick; this patent pale grey pair is £65.

shoe boot 2

2. Shoe-boots: A cross between a sandal and a boot, team this Topshop pair with knitted socks, bare legs and a skirt for the perfect transitional outfit. Think of the £40 price tag as an investment…

cut out flat

3. Cut-out flats: This style made a major appearance at London Fashion Week back in September. Maybe not a good idea for those iffy will-it-won’t-it rain kind of days, but at just £18 from ASOS, this pair are certainly worth the purchase to keep right on trend.

4. Chelsea boots: Versatile footwear which goes with anything and won’t compromise your comfort. We may be entering spring but we’re certainly not free from those rainy days just yet! These ankle boots are just £22 from Boohoo and will carry you through to the height of summer.

5. Gladiator sandals: This spring sees the return (yet again) of the gladiator sandal, and the catwalk saw more extravagant designs than ever. Priced at £19.99, this New Look pair keep it simple but the colour is totally in keeping with this seasons’ love of all things metallic.

Don’t forget to make use of your student discount when shopping for new-season shoes this spring!