Style Staples: Bag It

0

It’s not about how it is carried, but what it is you carry.

There is something particularly curious about the value of a handbag; where most of us would hesitate over spending a holidays-worth amount on any other accessory, most women would not think twice about splashing the cash on a decent companion: a handbag. It could all boil down to the amount of make-up, magazines and hand cream we feel necessary to carry around all the time, or simply because nothing looks better than a statement bag. This Spring 2015, the bag trend has not only introduced a few new looks to consider, but has also enhanced some of our timeless and classic favourites. Be prepared for stylish and ladylike downsized bags, along with freshly painted and printed totes and bucket bags. For all you handbag enthusiasts, this one is for you.

H&M, £19.99
H&M, £19.99

1) The Bucket Bag

This season, the bucket bag is back and even slouchier than before. The catwalks were filled with these accessories fresh in patterned prints and luscious leather. However, to keep in line with the spring colour palette, I have chosen a powder beige-coloured bucket bag from H&M. Not only does it have a stylish wide shoulder strap, it is also accompanied by a coin purse. How can you resist this wardrobe staple?

2) Round Handheld Clutches

ASOS, £40
ASOS, £40

Spring 2015 has taken a 360 degree spin on the classic and every trustworthy clutch bag. This new shape has come straight off the runway and adds a side element of sleekness to your outfit. This cute ASOS clutch perfectly encompasses the new circular trend, and the bow detail adds elegance to what would seem like your typical night out bag. Don’t forget your student discount to get extra money off this Spring staple!

3) Return of the Tote

Topshop, £22
Topshop, £22

It would seem barbaric to have a bag edit and not mention the all-time favourite tote bag. The return of this old classic has been adorned this season with flashes of prints, metallics and edgy patterns. My pick this season is Topshop’s see-through Mesh Tote; simple in colour to match any outfit, yet eye-catching enough to make a statement. This large and roomy trend is a staple not to be missed for your Spring ’15 wardrobe.

4) Crossbody Carryalls

Dorothy Perkins, £10
Dorothy Perkins, £10

Spring’s version of the crossbody bag is structured and smart, yet remains as convenient as ever. Enhanced with a play on textures, this mini cross-body bag has a croc-like effect for a 70’s inspired look and keeps in line with the tan trend which is growing hot this season. This is definitely an accessory to consider!