Trend Report: Seventies

0

valentino
Valentino SS/15

The Seventies returned in full swing on the catwalks for SS/15 and the High  Street is taking note. This trend isn’t about dressing like you’re heading to a  fancy dress party ; it’s all about taking influences from the fashions of the  decade and giving them subtle updates to make the look current.

Perfect in Prints 
Bold, bright and clashing prints were seen on the catwalk at House of Holland and Valentino  among others. This trend is incredibly versatile – if you’re keen to try the trend in a subtle way, pick out an accessory such as a bag or plimsolls. If you’re a fan of prints and want to embrace the trend, head to Zara’s TRF section for a multitude of dresses, blouses and playsuits in vibrant colours and layered prints.

Burnt Tones 

Zara TRF
Zara TRF

Burnt orange, mustard yellow and terracotta reds were seen on the Gucci SS/15 catwalks. These shades evoke summer festivals, sunshine and days spent relaxing! They look great teamed with neutral chambray and denim garments. Again, Zara’s TRF section is a great place to shop for this trend.

Denim Delight 

The SS High Streets have been awash with denim in a range of hues and textures. To keep in with the 70s trends, pick smock style tops and dresses, as seen at Topshop and Marks and Spencer, or opt for soft blue chambray – as seen at Zara.

Topshop, £45
Topshop, £45