In the latest installment of our Restaurant Inspired Recipes series, Laura Cox shares a recipe for Ginger and Chicken noodles inspired by the UK’s favourite Japanese restaurant. This easy to follow recipe tastes great and will help you to save money – you won’t need to eat out once you have mastered your favourite dishes at home!
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- 100g fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into small slithers
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 bunches spring onion, cut into diagonal strips
- 200ml saké or dry sherry
- 3x 200g packs straight-to-wok noodle
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Whisk the eggs with 2 tbsp water. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Swirl the eggs into the pan and cook for 2 mins until set, flip over and continue to cook for 1 minute. Tip the omelette onto a board and, when cool enough to handle, slice into strips and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large wok and stir-fry the chicken for 5 mins until browned, then add the ginger and garlic, and cook for a few mins. Scatter over most of the spring onions, reserving some to sprinkle on the top, followed by the sake or sherry and noodles. Give everything a good mix. Drizzle over the soy, stir through the shredded omelette, sprinkle over the reserved spring onions and serve.
Recipe via BBC.