Summer Sales: Transitional Pieces to Buy Now

0

I know, it seems a bit strange to be thinking about Autumn and Winter already, as, currently in the UK we’re in the midst of a heatwave. The summer sales have started on the UK High Street and there are some great bargains to be had! As students, we’re all eager to save some money. Here are the key pieces which you can buy now, wear now and also use throughout the autumn and winter months. 

1. Zara Paisley Trousers 

Tap into the 70s trend which has been popular this SS season with these Zara paisley print trousers. The trend is set

Zara, £19.99
Zara, £19.99

to last throughout autumn winter too. Wear the trousers now with a a light cotton crop top and, when the weather gets colder, layer them with a chunky knit jumper, in an autumnal berry or green shade, and tan leather loafers.

2. Jack Wills Floral Blouse

Jack Wills, £22
Jack Wills, £22

This simple and chic blouse is a perfect match for denim cutoff shorts on warm summer days. In the autumn months, switch the shorts for high waisted jeans and layer under a camel coloured coat.

3. Clarks Loafers 

Clarks, £22
Clarks, £22

These cute loafers are the perfect match for summer dresses. Switch the dresses for printed trousers and a polo neck top when the summery weather is replaced by autumnal chills.

4. Mango Dress

Mango at John Lewis, £17.49
Mango at John Lewis, £17.49

This breezy chiffon dress is a great accompaniment to tan sandals now and a black polo neck and opaque tights come the winter months.

5. River Island Jacquard Jacket 

River Island, £25
River Island, £25

This boxy cropped jacket works well on summer nights out teamed with a pair of black high waisted shorts and a white crop top. Dress it down for the colder months with a black roll neck jumper, black skinny jeans and chunky chelsea boots.