Originating in Nice in the south of France (and the title of an excellent animated film), ratatouille is a traditional dish that is a great way to help achieve your 5-a-day, as well as experiencing some Mediterranean-style comfort food. Not only this, but it is one of the most straightforward dishes to create. It can be enjoyed on its own or added to rice/pasta.
2 cloves of garlic
2 red bell peppers
2x 300g tins of chopped tomato with herbs in tomato sauce
- Chop the onions, crush the garlic, and roughly chop the peppers, courgettes and aubergines into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers, courgettes and aubergine and stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes into your mixture, cover and leave to stew for 30 minutes on a low heat.