Autumn Essentials: Coats

0

As it gets a little bit colder and darker each day, now is the perfect time to invest in a new winter coat. Although some coats aren’t so friendly to your student budget, it’s likely to be an item that you’ll be wearing A LOT (hint: probably until around April 2016!) so you need to make sure it’s a good quality item which will last you the whole season. Here, I share my pick of the coats available on the High Street right now. 

1. Topshop Fur Collar Coat 
    Topshop, £65
    Topshop, £65

This coat from Topshop provides a great way of tapping into this season’s trend for tan tones. The cute fur collar will also help to keep you cosy. The smart slim fit can be dressed up or down so at £65, it’s almost a bargain. Don’t forget that you can also get a 10% student discount at Topshop too.

2. Asos Parka 

Asos, £85
Asos, £85

A parka is the perfect option for when it’s freezing with cold and pouring with rain. The quintessentially Sixties jacket has had a modern makeover and is an essential element of many student wardrobes. This Asos version adds glamour with a fluffy hood and warmth with a detachable faux fur lining. Like Topshop, Asos also offer a student discount along with other discounts and promotional codes which can be found throughout the year.

3. Zara Houndstooth coat 

Zara, £69.99
Zara, £69.99

Houndstooth is a big trend for Autumn/Winter 2015. This Zara coat is made from wool which will ensure you stay cosy even on the coldest days. Team it with a cream roll neck jumper, skinny jeans and Chelsea boots for an easy go-to outfit.