High Street Top 5: January 2016

0

As the New Year is now in full swing, the High Street sale rails are beginning to be replaced by new season styles! Lifestyle Editor Laura Cox shares her pick of the best High Street pieces to be found in stores now.

1. Topshop Geo Coat 
    Topshop, £85
    Topshop, £85

This pink geometric patterned coat from Topshop is a great way to ease out of dark winter colours and into spring brights and pastels. Dress it up with a white shirt and black skinny jeans, or down with some black jeans and Chelsea boots. Take cues from ultimate 90s style icon, Cher Horowitz from teen classic ‘Clueless’, and team the coat with the matching skirt and a roll neck top for a smart and polished day or evening look.

Raw hem jeans, £25
Raw hem jeans, £24.99

2. New Look Raw Hem Jeans 

Raw hem jeans are a huge Instagram trend at the moment. While you could DIY them for a similar effect, you can avoid wonky hem lines with this New Look pair. Comfy and casual, they’ll be a perfect companion to soft Breton stripe tees and Converse for an easy look that requires minimal effort for those 9am lectures. New Look are also offering a boosted student discount of 20% at the moment, so make sure you don’t miss out!

3. Zara Floral Dress

Dress, £39.99
Dress, £39.99

Florals are a great way to transition into spring dressing. This dress from Zara is great with black tights and a leather jacket and will also be perfect for warmer weather teamed with a light knit.

4. Joules Harbour Top 

Joules, £24.95
Joules, £24.95

A Breton stripe top is a timeless wardrobe staple. The Harbour Top from Joules is a classic essential and is available each season in a range of different colours. We love this Spring Green colour, which is another way to ease into brighter colours for the warmer months. Don’t forget that Joules also offers a student discount.

5. Topshop Heart Print Shirt 

Topshop, £39
Topshop, £39

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so this heart print shirt is perfect for this time of year! Team it with a pinafore or skinny jeans for a smart daytime look. Don’t forget that Topshop offers student discount too!