Presents in the Post: Birchbox

0

Subscription boxes are becoming more and more popular. From make-up to stationery, presents in the post are exciting to come home to and can even prove a pretty cheap way of buying useful things or things you like. Most websites for subscriptions also have their own online shops and a points system depending on how many boxes you have received, items you have reviewed, or friends you have referred the subscription to. 

Birchbox is nothing new to the world of subscription boxes. Starting in the USA, Birchbox has now come over to the UK, joining the list of other choices UK consumers have such as Glossybox and Look Fantastic.

At the beginning of each month, you receive 5 or 6 beauty products catered to you, depending on what you put on your online profile. Usually there are a few sample size products and a few full size.

The Birchbox points system is one of the best out there. For each pound you spend, you receive a point. For each sample in your Birchbox you review, you also receive several points. Once you reach 100, you get £10 to spend. You also receive a number of points for referring a friend.

In this month’s Birchbox I received:

Rituals Mindful Body Scrub

Vita Coco Coconut Oil

Caudalie Moisturising Sorbet

Spectrum Wonder Sponge

PK Prep Polishing Balm

theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen

If you don’t stick to particular brands or particular products, Birchbox is a great way of cheaply receiving new make up that will last you for the month and more. One of my favourite things about this box is how each month, the style of the boxes change and you can reuse the boxes for anything, like make up brushes or even just loose change.

If you don’t like a product you receive you can simply give it away as a gift.

In comparison to other subscription boxes and especially other beauty subscription boxes such as Glossybox, Birchbox is one of the best. Not only are there regular updates on their blog and YouTube account, but UNiDAYS are doing a 25% discount off your first subscription box.

Having received three boxes so far I am very impressed. If you’re an expert at make-up or not, this particular beauty box will not disappoint. Besides, it’s always nice to get a little present in the post.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies