Spring Home Updates

0

Spring is in full swing and there’s no better way to get yourself ready for the sunnier months than with some home updates. Here Lifestyle Editor Laura Cox shares her pick of the best items to get your home ready for spring.

1. Woven Throw
    George, £10
    George, £10

This cute check throw in spring-like shades of yellow and green is the perfect way to disguise a less-than-perfect sofa. If you’re in rented accommodation, the furniture you’re given isn’t always ideal! However, you can cheer up your living room with this throw and use it to cosy up on colder evenings. Plus, at just £10, it’s a bargain!

2. Bunting

What better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than with some cute bunting? It might not be to everyone’s taste, but it’s cute, colourful, and fairly inexpensive. This paper bunting is from Asda  and is £6.75, and would look great across a wall or doorframe.

Asda, £6.75
Asda, £6.75

3. Colour Pop Rug

Again, it can be quite tricky to cover up a floor or carpet you don’t like if you’re living in private rented accommodation. However, a rug is an easy and affordable way to cover up a floor you don’t like and make the room feel much more cosy. We like this Argos rug, which comes in a range of colours and is just £14.99.

Argos rug, £14.99
Argos rug, £14.99

4. Copper Candle Holder Candle holder
A beautifully scented candle can be the perfect finishing touch to many rooms. This Instagram-worthy copper tealight holder is £6.99 from H&M home. If you’re already a fan of copper home accessories, this statement tealight is the perfect piece to update your collection. If you’re in halls and some private rented accommodation, make sure you check the rules about candles first!

Bloomsbury
Sainsbury’s, £16

5. Bloomsbury Cushion

Cushions are a great way to change the feel of your bedroom or living room for the new season. Mixing and matching different prints and textures will create a unique yet stylish look.
We love this embroidered Bloomsbury cushion from Sainsbury’s, which is priced at £16.