Summer Beauty Tips

0

As the weather gets warmer, our attention turns from exams and deadlines to lazy days, festivals and holidays. This change is a time for you to rest and have fun. It’s also a great time to update your beauty look and adjust your products to match the needs of your skin on sunnier days. 

1. Skincare 

As you might be aware, Sun Protection is essential for your face all year round. Sun damage is a major factor in premature ageing, so it’s especially important to protect your skin in the hotter months. Normal sun cream can be quite heavy and oily, and might not work well with sensitive or blemish-prone skin on your face. It’s best to purchase a separate product for your face and body. Simple’s Kind to Skin Protecting SPF 30 Moisture Cream helps to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. It can easily be incorporated into your daily routine throughout the year, and, best of all, it’s under £5. One bottle will last you a long time, and it’s often on offer at Boots and Superdrug. If  you need a higher SPF for your face, Garnier’s Ambre Solaire Facial SPF 50 is a good choice at £8. If you wear foundation every day, you might want also to swap for a BB cream, which will give your face a lighter coverage. Garnier has a wide range of BB creams to suit different skin types and tones.

2. Eyeliner 

If you’re heading out to a festival or a party this summer, the last thing you’ll want to be worrying about is smudged eyeliner. Loreal’s Superliner eyeliner pen has a felt tip nib which is really easy to apply and stays in place for hours. It’s currently £6.99 at Boots.

3.Waterproof Mascara

Waterproof mascara has come a long way from the days when I first tried it! I associated it with thick, clumped lashes, and it often felt drying on my eyelashes. Cosmetic technology has thankfully improved, and smudgeproof, party-proof mascaras are available for less than £10. We recommend Max Factor’s 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara, which promises up to 300% more volume.

4. Bright Lip 

Summer is the perfect time to try out a bold new lip colour, but you don’t have to stray far from your normal shades to achieve a new look. Bright coral tones suit pretty much all skin tones – there’s a coral out there to suit you! We love the Loreal Paris Studio Secrets Lipstick which comes in a beautiful shimmery coral shade.

5. Gold Smokey Eye 

Urban Decay’s iconic Naked eye shadow pallettes are worldwide bestsellers and it’s easy to see why. However, on a student budget they’re pretty pricey! Instead, opt for Collections’s ‘Eyes Uncovered’ pallette which contains similar gold and nude shades. At £3.99, for six different shadows it’s great value. Use the palest shade towards the corner of your eye, and gently blend darker shades outwards. There are many tutorials on YouTube which can help you to perfect your smokey eye if you’ve not tried it before.