Top High Street Summer Picks

0

The summer season is well underway on the UK high street and it’s a great time to rework your wardrobe by picking up some key pieces. Laura Cox shares her pick of the best buys from high street stores which will see you through the summer months. 

The Bomber Jacket 

Zara, £49.99
Zara, £49.99

Light, and versatile, a silky printed bomber jacket is a great piece for your summer wardrobe. It works well as a cover-up on cooler evenings and nights out and also looks cool and casual when dressed down. Pair yours with some ripped jeans and a plain white tee for an easy go-to outfit. Zara have a great selection of prints and colours, and most styles are around £29.99.

The Mom Jeans 

Topshop, £40
Topshop, £40

They’ve been around for a little while now, but Mom jeans are an essential for summer. The loose style ensures that they are much more comfortable than skinnies in warmer weather. The high waist is also flattering for all figures. We love these Topshop Mom jeans. You can also contribute to charity if you buy a pair, as 30% of the profit from each sale goes to supporting Breast Cancer Now.

The Cami Top 

Superdry, £17.99
Superdry, £17.99

We can’t make any promises but we’re hoping that the sun will be shining a lot this summer! For warmer days, a simple strappy cami is an easy and comfortable garment and can be a key piece in a range of outfits. Dress it up for a night out with a printed mini, or dress it down with Mom jeans and sandals. This top from Superdry is a great price, at £17.99.

The Ultimate Travel Bag 

Cath Kidston, £55
Cath Kidston, £55

If you’re lucky enough to be heading away this summer, you’ll need a travel bag big enough to keep all your important documents, drinks and ways of keeping yourself entertained, in one place. Practical doesn’t have to mean boring, and this Cath Kidston Richmond Rose travel bag is a great way of brightening up your travel outfit. The zipped compartment at the bottom is great for storing  your shoes or toiletries. Cath Kidston also offer a 10% student discount.

Soft Sandals 

Saltwater Sandals, £55
Saltwater Sandals, £55

At the risk of sounding like your grandma, comfortable sandals are a must, whether you’re wandering the streets of Barcelona or heading down the road to Tesco. It’s definitely worth investing in a good quality pair which fit you well. Look after them carefully and they’ll also last you for summer seasons to come. We love this tan pair from Saltwater, available at Office. They come in a wide range of colours, and Office also offers a 10% student discount.

The Party Dress

Oasis, £68
Oasis, £68

No summer wardrobe is complete without a go-to party outfit. Whether you’ve got a summer ball to attend or a family wedding, this pretty pink jacquard dress from Oasis is a great option. The nipped in waist and full skirt are flattering for all figures. Team with some heeled sandals and you’re good to go!