Great British Bake Off Student Style: Nutella-Filled Cookies

0

Do you ever find that you’re lying around your student house and have a huge craving for something sweet but don’t know what to have? Well, here is your solution! A recipe for Nutella-filled cookies just sweet enough to satisfy your cravings, and easy enough to make that even a student could do it. With minimal ingredients, a short baking time, and a very simple recipe, these cookies will leave you feeling like Mary Berry in no time!

Ingredients:

• 225g of room temperature, unsalted butter
  • 140g of caster sugar
  • 280g of plain flour
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • A pinch of salt
  • Nutella

Method:

1. Before baking, make sure that the butter is at room temperature. Once it is, combine the butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together until the mixture becomes light and airy.
  2. Add in the egg, salt, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. (You could add a little more vanilla than the recipe calls for – you can’t really have enough!)
  3. Pour the flour into the mixture a bit at a time, combine, and repeat until it’s all mixed together. The dough should now be slightly sticky in texture.
  4. To make adding the Nutella easier, wrap the dough in cling film and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
  5. Once the dough is chilled, remove from the fridge and preheat the oven to 190C.
  6. Scoop up balls of the dough into your hand and flatten with your palm. Take a teaspoon of Nutella and place it in the middle of the flattened dough. Now, there are two options to finish the cookie depending on how large or small you’d like them to be:
    • Pinch the sides of the dough together and fold the sides inwards around the Nutella to complete the cookie. Place on a baking tray. or
    • With another flattened piece of dough, place it on top of the existing dough with the Nutella on. Pinch the sides together to mould the two pieces into 1 large cookie.
  7. Bake the cookies in the oven for around 15 minutes, or whenever the cookies become a golden brown colour. Remove from the oven, allow for the cookies to cool, and enjoy!
More articles in Great British Bake Off - Student Style
  1. Great British Bake Off Student Style: Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake
  2. Great British Bake Off Student Style: Nutella-Filled Cookies
  3. Great British Bake Off Student Style: Cheesy Garlic Bread
  4. Great British Bake Off Student Style: Blueberry Pancakes

Wessex Scene Online Manager 2015-2016, Head of Design 2016-2017