How To Spring Into Spring This 2017

0

If you are anything like myself when it comes to New Years resolutions, then your goals for 2017 have most probably gone down the drain already.

With the dreaded exam season, the general dreariness of the weather and the post Christmas blues, January is not the season for positive change. It is such an uninspiring month of the year, it’s no wonder that so many people fail their resolutions before the month is out. However, do not fear! Spring is upon us and unlike January, it is the season of new beginnings and hopefully much better weather. It is the perfect time to get motivated and set yourself some new personal goals. However, if you are stuck for some ideas on how to make some positive changes in your life this spring, then take some inspiration from my three top ways to Spring into Spring this 2017. Follow these tips to feel more fabulous this season.

Refresh Your Wardrobe:

We are all guilty of wearing the same clothes week in and week out. We all have that favourite jumper that we constantly wear to lectures and would have an emotional break down about if it accidentally got shrunk in the wash. However, although that jumper will always hold a special place in your heart, its time to let go and spice up your outfits. Whether it’s splashing out on some new outfits or wearing clothes that you already own but always forget about. Changing up your wardrobe is definitely a great way to feel more motivated, positive and generally better about yourself. A new outfit will not only make you feel good about yourself, it will also make you feel more confident. Honestly, revamping your wardrobe is a great way to give your self a little bit of TLC and it is also a great catalyst for change. As well as this, Spring is the best time to introduce new trends into your wardrobe because the high street shops are always filled with beautiful new garments inspired from the designs seen at London fashion week. Therefore, this is the best time of year to experiment and try out a new trends. Personally, getting fashion forward is my favourite way to feel more fabulous!

Make a Healthy Diet Change:

Making a positive healthy change to your diet is also a great way to feel better about yourself and improve and enhance your lifestyle. Now, I understand that cutting out chocolate at this time of year is pretty much impossible to do. Easter just isn’t Easter unless you eat copious amounts of chocolate. So instead, why not cut out or reduce your caffeine intake. Instead of your morning coffee, why not try drinking a mug of green tea. Admittedly it does have an acquired taste, but it is packed with antioxidants and health benefits. It is full of goodness which can help clear your skin, support your immune system and also help you lose weight. Although I love an Americano as much as the next person, I swear by green tea. It is my saviour after a Jesters Monday.

Invest Time in a New Hobby:

Taking up a new hobby is also a great way to feel more fabulous! Taking up a new sport, participating in a creative industry or volunteering is a great way to distress, clear your mind and enhance your skills. Getting involved in something new is highly rewarding and it is a great way to boost your confidence. Get out there and get involved!

A quirky English Literature student who loves: Taylor Swift,fashion, music, vintage and anything out of the ordinary. Also a proud committee member of kazoo society.