Southampton University British Medical Association – Questiontime

1

Following the success of student led ‘Questiontime’ last year, the Southampton University British Medical Association (BMA) committee are bringing back the event which allows anybody to ask the questions that matter. From the ethics of whistleblowing to problems with new government initiatives, and the bullying of junior doctors to the implications of commercialising the health service, the evening promises to discuss a wide variety of issues affecting the NHS daily whether you are a medical student, healthcare professional or member of the general public.

The event takes place on Wednesday the 10th of March, where panellists of varied backgrounds and beliefs will be in place to debate the issues which you raise. Chaired by the Medical Students Committee BMA representative for Southampton medical school, Michael Pope, the panel will include:

• Andrew Lansley, CBE MP (Conservative Shadow Secretary of State for Health)
  • Professor Sir Bernard Ribeiro (Past President of the Royal College of Surgeons)
  • Sandra Gidley MP (Liberal Democrat MP for Romsey and Southampton North, and Shadow Health Minister)
  • Dr Martin Scurr (GP and Daily Mail Columnist)
  • Dr Shree Data (BMA Junior Doctors Committee Chair, 2009-2010)

The NHS is changing, and it will have huge implications on staff and patients alike. Everyone is welcome to participate in what promises to be  lively debate. For more information or to submit a question, visit the Questiontime website.

Sponsored by the BMA, MDU and MPS, the event will be taking place at 7pm on the 10th of March at the Southampton University Student Union’s cinema on Highfield Campus. Tickets cost £1 and are available from the box office website.

Great we can listen to a bunch of NHS commentators talking down our fantastic Health System without an representatives from the governing party or actual NHS managers… Question time more like “Take the piss” time.

Are the student BMA committee all NHS bashing, Dan Hannan worshipping, Tories?