Southampton student Sarah Sears' Three Peaks Challenge charity fundraiser, presented by SUGGS

0

This Monday, March 15th, Sarah Sears is holding a Three Peaks Challenge charity fundraiser in Orange Rooms, in honour of her sister Rebecca Sears. On the 1st January 2010, Rebecca Sears, a beautiful, young, talented lady slipped away in her sleep. From the age of 13 she had been diagnosed with a heart condition called Cardiomyopathy. However, Becky never allowed this condition to obstruct her life in any way. Sarah Sears, a third year nursing student at University of Southampton, describes her sister as, “a bubbly, outgoing girl, with amazing fashion sense and a fabulous shoe collection! She was a gym fanatic and could out run us all!”

One of Becky’s biggest achievements was when she undertook the Three Peaks Challenge in 2007 for Leukimia. The Three Peaks Challenge consists of climbing the highest mountain in Scotland (Ben Nevis), Wales (Snowdon) and England (Scafell Pike) in 24 hours.

It is a huge challenge, and now Becky’s close family and friends are taking this challenge on once more, to raise money for Cardiomyopathy. Becky’s younger sister, Sarah Sears, has decided to fundraise further with a night out at Orange Rooms in association with Southampton’s University Grape and Grain Society (SUGGS).

Tickets are £2.50 and can be brought from Sarah Sears on 07811253449, Dan O’Shea 07799754901, Drew Hart 07742212435, Olivia Riddick 07907818742 or any Management Society representative. You can view this event on Facebook as ‘ SUGGS presents… Sarah Sears’s Three Peaks Challenge Fundraiser’.

All ticket funds will go straight to the charity for Cardiomyopathy, all efforts and support towards this event are greatly appreciated by all members of Becky’s family. Money will go towards research in hope to find a cure for this tragic condition.“Thank you for all your support, it is going to be great night for a great charity.” – Sarah Sears

If you want to learn more about cardiomyopathy or receive support if you or someone else is affected, visit their website here for more information.