Union Films to Host World Premiere of The Disappearance of Alice Creed with Your Votes!

2

Union Films, the student-run cinema at the University of Southampton, is currently in second place in a nationwide competition to win the opportunity to host the world premiere of the motion picture The Disappearance of Alice Creed.

The competition is run through a facebook application promoting the film. After only two days Union Films has entered the top ten, currently in second place behind Vue in Bury. Union Films has a 16% share in the votes, while Bury has 41%.

Currently between two corporate cinemas, it would be quite a coup for the students who volunteer as projectionists and front of house staff if Union Films won. The competition is also promoting filmmaking workshops as part of a tour of the United Kingdom, something that will be of great benefit to aspiring filmmakers in Wessex Films and SUSU.TV.

If Union Films wins the competition, the premiere would be held in the Students’ Union Cinema, and the director and actors starring in the film, including Casino Royale and St. Trinians star Gemma Arterton, are likely to attend. However many more votes are needed if Union Films is to close the lead on Bury and maintain a chance of winning. Voting closes on April 5th 2010 so get voting now!