'Let's Get F*cked' Party Cancelled

0

Following yesterday’s report that the popular student run party organizers ‘Let’s Get F*cked Southampton’ had come under scrutiny for both their name and for promoting irresponsible drinking, the event staged for Saturday night has been cancelled.

It has come to light that the event was organized by Solent University student Rose Thomas as part of her dissertation in advertising. However the event will not be going ahead after course tutors have stepped in.

Thomas was organizing a night out called ‘SO Fest’ but employed someone else to promote it who was working under the name Let’s Get F****d Promotions. The local authorities took issue with the company for giving Southampton night life a bad image. The name of the Promotions company has now been changed and the man behind it insists he doesn’t promote binge drinking.

Yesterday it was reported that 90 Degrees, Aura, Buddha Lounge and The Whitehouse had agreed to host the pub crawl however the owner of 90 Degrees Nikos Raftopoulos said he is careful not to associate himself with anything that doesn’t fit with the responsible drinking message and had never given permission for his bar’s name to be used in publicity. He insists he hadn’t signed up to anything and if they were to enter into an agreement there would have be a contract. He said: ‘Last Novermber we were one of the Bedford Place bars that came together and agreed minimum prices for drinks, and we’ve stuck to that because we have a reputation as one of the safest places to go and we want to keep that’.