Shine Struts its Stuff

0

To kickstart the Christmas party season, Southampton University’s hair salon, Shine, presented a catwalk of stunning ‘updos’ on Monday 29th November. With imminent Winter Balls, the ‘hair up’ look is in high demand from female students. Shine wanted to show the Wessex Scene some of its glamourous alternatives for this classic style.

One of the first models to strut down the in-store catwalk flaunted her take on the recent ‘Cheryl Cole bow’. Despite being loved by some, yet criticised by others for being a “bizarre Minnie Mouse hairstyle”, it’s the updo everyone is talking about. For those who aren’t as daring as Cheryl, Shine created a softer bow.

Another celebrity copycat do was the Coleen Rooney high bun. Several of the models had fishtail plaits weaved into their buns, creating a very in-season updo and something a bit more edgy and sexy. Big curls and big volume oozed ’40s and ’50s glamour, but Shine showed even girls with shorter hair can pull off a pretty updo.

For those who prefer to wear their hair down, models boasted loose curls; in both a Mohican and flowing style.

For a Christmas party to remember and Facebook pictures you’ll want to be tagged in, try and recreate some of these stylish looks yourself and you’ll be turning heads all night.