SUSUtv Plan Live Link-up with Cardiff TV Station

0

On Wednesday 5th October, SUSUtv are hosting their first live show of the year: and it’s going international.

The union’s TV station will be linking up live with CUTV, the equivalent university station in Cardiff. This show is prequel to FreshersTV, a live broadcast run by the National Student Television Association (NaSTA), which takes place later in October, and is also being hosted by SUSUtv. FreshersTV will involve up to 20 university TV stations from around the UK broadcasting together over one night, and is a project similar in scale to the SUSU sabbatical Elections, which this year brought in over 10,000 viewers to SUSUtv.

But before all of that happens, the Cardiff link-up show is on the cards. Pitting the Southampton “stags” against the Welsh “dragons”, the show will consist of a series of challenges taking place between contestants, who will be chosen on the night; hopefully most of them will be freshers. The Southampton end of the broadcast will be taking place on the concou­rse, just below the video wall, which will also be incorporated into the show. SUSUtv will be scouting the Stags and the Bridge on the night for willing volunteers to challenge the Welsh, whilst CUTV are broadcasting from their union pub, The Taf.

The broadcast is not only promising to be an entertaining night, but a highly technical one too. Running a live show in one location is often problematic and requires intricate planning, so running it in two means SUSUtv and CUTV are really having to push the boat out. The technical team at SUSU, CUTV, and the closely linked media company Inqb8r, are going to be trying out many new and exciting technical features in this broadcast; pushing the boundaries of what student TV can do.

So for all the new freshers out there, or even 2nd and 3rd years that have heard about SUSUtv and would like to see how a live show is really run, this is the opportunity to watch one. Just pop along to the concourse from 8pm onwards next Wednesday to watch the show being filmed live, and even have the chance to take part. And if you can’t make it down, then “Stags v. Dragons: the live link-up” can be watched online at:

www.susu.tv