Winchester’s First Society

0

The time is here.

Winchester School of Art has it’s first official society. Okay, so I hear you screaming that the likes of the Christian Union already exist and that last year type club went down a treat. But I repeat, this is the first official society and by that I mean through the route of the university.

And it all started, here.

Our first Winchester Wessex Scene writers meeting housed an exciting number of forty enthusiastic writers. This is where Mike Thebridge (President), Jessica Taylor (Treasurer) and Sarah Benson (Secretary) took more on than they could ever anticipate. In a good way of course.

So we give you, Winchester’s Writing Society.

Meetings are held every Friday in the WSA SU at twelve noon where all are welcome. We take this opportunity to eat lots of party rings, pringles and jammie dodgers. But the main reason we meet is to talk about any good books/articles we’ve read, to discuss any lectures/book signings and to help each other with pieces we may have already written.

To make more of the work we’ve been creating, we are now producing four bi-monthly zines. The first is themed red and will be available from Tuesday the 8th of November. It will be largely distributed around the campus so make sure you’re supporting Winchester’s writers and get a copy.

For more information or to give any feedback please email mrthebridge@googlemail.com