Nine Put Their Names Forward For Trustee Elections

1

An unprecedented number of nominations have been received in Trustee positions for 2012, including one student running for Equality and Diversity (E&D) Officer, one running for Ethical and Environmental (E&E) Officer, and seven nominations for Trustee without Portfolio.

Amanda Li is a Fashion Marketing student at Winchester, living in Wessex Lane Halls and is running as E&D Officer. The nomination for E&E Officer comes from Josh Cox, a Biomedical Scientist who has had a seat on Union Council since November 2011.

In the running for Trustees without Portfolio are 7 students.

Anh The Nguyen is an international student has spent two years as the Leader of the School Youth Union.

Helen Turner is a first year studying Biomedical Sciences and is on the Private Rented JCR in a role as Treasurer.

Chipo Masoso is another international student, who is on the Standing Committee for Education and also sits on Union Council.

Another candidate with a seat on Union Council is Rupert Bailey, also acting as a representative at the University Senate.

Zach Young is another candidate, currently in first year and serving in Monte JCR as Media and Promotions Officer.

Emma Miles is also a first year Philosophy and English student acheving best speaker in recent regional finals for young debaters.

Finally, Peter Ward is a third year Acoustics and Music student who is currently Performing Arts Officer and has served on JCR, Media and Elections committee.

For a full list of all candidates in the 2012 elections click here.