Gladrags Fundraiser: Great Success!

1

It’s not every day you go out with a fiver and come back with two new outfits, but Tuesday  saw the launch of WSA’s RAG events with the Gladrags Fundraiser which raised £435 for the Naomi House charity!

Rows of racks crammed with extraordinarily priced clothes (£2 for a Topshop blouse and £1 for H&M leggings? Yes Please!) and an auction modelled by delightfully stylish first years, the evening was a great collaboration of music, fashion and fun.

Great music, great atmosphere, great cause!

Graham Read
WSA RAG officer
A few of the Models preparing for the Auction (photography by Gabriela Mazowiecka)

It’s exciting, fun and everyone is generous and willing to donate by buying stuff! Everyone’s taken part and are all here to do their part for charity.

Fine Art students Tom Hume and Lewis Clarke provided a wonderful acoustic set which gave the atmosphere a comfortable and intimate tone which was fitting to the event. Their folk-style sound was a nice touch to the evening:

Tom and Lewis perform on stage (photography by Gabriela Mazowiecka)

It was great performing at the charity event, we were nervous at the start but everyone who attended were welcoming and all here for the same cause. The atmosphere is great and relaxed.

Tom and Lewis
Acoustic Act

The auction was fun! Although some items remained unsold, the bidding wars were entertaining, especially when the models themselves wanted a piece of the action! The raffle was a great success too, most people bought tickets and the battle of who gets the giant teddy bear was tense!

l
Alice models bargain Velvet jacket in Auction (photography by Gabriela Mazowiecka)

The clothes were great, perhaps people could have been a bit more generous on the Auction! If only I didn’t run out of money!

The fundraiser was a great success, everyone was talking about how the SU has never been so popular across all students and hopefully there will be plenty more to come!

2nd Year studying Graphic Arts (Illustration)