Police release CCTV image of man wanted for sexual assault in Swaythling

0

Hampshire Police have released a CCTV image of a man wanted in connection with an incident of sexual assault of an 18 year old woman, which took place in Swaythling earlier this month.

The CCTV image shows a man, fitting  the attacker’s description, that is wanted for questioning by Hampshire Constabulary. In the video footage, he enters a newsagent with another man, pays for two drinks at the counter and leaves alone. He is then seen hanging around outside the shop with two other men.

Police are keen to speak to the man in connection with an incident that took place at 7.30pm on Sunday, September 2. A young woman was approached by a gang of four men, on High Road, one of which indecently assaulted her.

The Wessex Scene reported on the incident and fully described the attacker in an article that can be found HERE.

Detective Constable Steve Lanham said: “We know this man was in the area around the time of the incident, and we believe he has information that could help our investigation.

“We also would like to hear from anyone who saw him in the High Road area about the time of the incident.”

Anyone with information or who recognises the man in the footage should contact Bitterne CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The full CCTV video can be found here:

Swaythling Assault CCTV Footage