UPDATE: SUSU Cafe to Reduce Opening Hours

4

The SUSU cafe is going to begin closing at 6pm every weekday, in a measure intended to come into place after the Easter break.

The decision is the result of poor sales during the 6-7:30pm time period. Union President Sam Ling stated that:

“We keep a close eye on our trading hours in order to get the balance of providing a service to students, but also ensuring value for money…given that we operate two food outlets during this period (the Bridge and the café) it’s not economical to operate the both.”

The new hours are not intended to be implemented before March, and are instead likely to be enforced in April after the Easter break. Students will be informed of the new opening times once they are in place. This comes after the overhaul of the Bridge Bar at the start of this academic year, a move that has increased profits in that particular venue but seems to have drawn customers away from other outlets on campus.

cafe-300

This article has been updated and information changed because we have been supplied with new details. We apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused but as always we endeavour to keep our readers informed to the best of our ability.

Editor and MA English student. Follow on Twitter @SamEverard1

If you’d like more information to become available send me an email. If I receive one i’ll aim to respond tomorrow.

Sam Everard

Thanks Sam, I’ve sent one just now. I’ll include whatever you send tomorrow morning.

Sam Ling

What email address are you using, can’t see anything in my inbox? Pres [at] soton [dot] ac [dot] uk?

Sam Everard

Ahh sorry, got given the wrong email address! I’ll resend.