All You Need to Know About… the Engagement Zone

0

EngagementIn the run up to Voting in SUSU’s 2013 Elections, The Wessex Scene gives you a break down of each area, letting you know who’s who and what’s what.

Here’s everything you need to know about the Engagement Zone.

In the Engagement Zone, we have four roles:

1. VP Engagement
  2. Community Volunteering Officer
  3. Raise and Give (RAG) Officer
  4. Student Enterprise Officer

1. VP Engagement

The VP Engagement is now responsible to lead the charitable, volunteering and entrepreneurial projects of students, focusing around the three main student schemes of RAG, Community Volunteering and Student Enterprise. All of these projects have student leaders, who the Sabbatical Officer must support in their roles as well as taking on responsibility to help and increase participation from students themselves.

Part of the job also includes general engagement and interaction with the student body, including responsibility for whole student events such as Fresher’s Week and the Bunfight, making sure such events run smoothly and include all students. This includes providing an oversight of SUSU’s communication strategy – the website, social media and other sources – with students.

How has this position changed, if at all?

The position of VP Engagement has changed a vast bit; all candidates allude to this in their interviews. Currently, it supports seven different student groups including Performance Arts and Union Films. These have now been allocated elsewhere, leaving three main areas of RAG, Community Volunteering and Student Enterprise.

Who held this position from 2012/2013?

Shane Murphy, in his second year in the role.

Who is running for the position this year?

Fiona Cook, Claire Gilbert, Adam Moloney.

2. Community Volunteering Officer

The Community Volunteering Officer is the leader of the Community Volunteering scheme, which involves charitable and volunteer work in the local area. The student leader is there to support students in such ventures, including the development of student-led projects as well promoting the scheme to the student community.

No known change

Who held this position from 2012/2013?

Aleesha Adams

No Candidates

3. Raise and Give (RAG) Officer

The role of the RAG officer is to co-ordinate the fundraising efforts of the RAG team, working with SUSU and the Sabbatical Officers to plan, organise and implement fundraising projects and schemes for the chosen charities. This includes promotion of fundraising, RAG and events to students.

No known changes

Who held this position from 2012/2013?

Caroline Hughes

Alice Gray, Charlotte Von Sicard, Ross Nation.

4. Student Enterprise Officer

The Student Enterprise Officer is there to help support and develop students who are partaking in, or who wish to partake in, enterprise activities. The leader must help these students fulfill their full potential as well as promoting the scheme within the University community.

No known changes.

Who held this position from 2012/2013?

Tunde Yusuff

No Candidates

Keep up to date with all the latest Elections news and information with the Wessex Scene.