Presidential Candidate – “Michelle Dando”

0

dando

Name: “Michelle Dando”.

Age: 21.

Degree: Geography.

Position/s held:

I’ve been told I’m perfect in every position! Due to my world wide appearances and top beauty pageants I don’t really have time for unimportant things like SUSU politics. My most notable role is Soton Tab’s Agony Aunt, as obviously people look up to me, so I am the perfect person to tell others how they can improve their lives. I can definitely bring this to my roles as SUSU prez.

Campaign Slogan:

Shelly has the welly to pull SUSU’s socks up.

Strength:

I can’t say what my biggest strength is as I am just the pinnacle of perfection! I guess if I had to pick something it would be my beauty, as it has got me to where I am today. Although sometimes it can be a burden too, as everyone wants my autograph and to have their picture taken with me.

Interview

Why did you decide to run for this position?

My fame, beauty and perfection mean that I’m the only person for this role. I’m far too important to run for a lowly VP, only president will do!

What has been your best experience during your involvement with SUSU?

Probably last weeks candidate debate. I love all of my TV performances, and it was great fun to rightly dominate the Presidential debate with my outstanding beauty and glowing personality. It was fantastic to show everyone just how much better then the other candidates I am, and how I am so much more perfect for the role of president.

What makes you the best candidate for the job?

Do you really need to ask me that?! I’ve got the beauty, the brains and I know just what students want and need, being so down to earth and in-tune with every student.

How will you go about enriching student support with housing awareness?

Isn’t this question more for VP Welfare? I’m way too important to care about this kind of thing…

What are you going to do to improve the SUSU Nightlife?

As I said in my manifesto, I want to shut down the Cube. There are far superior clubs where beautiful Southampton students should be hanging out and SUSU should be catering for their needs. I propose we make SUSU into a beauty parlour so that students can look the best they can before they head out to somewhere more worthy of their time.

How will you manage the VPs effectively, considering their differing priorities? 

That type of thing sounds way to boring for me to spend my time on! I’ll be focusing my time on actually important things like making sure that students don’t have to attend lectures before 11AM in the morning so they can get their much needed beauty sleep.

View Michelle’s manifesto HERE.