Presidential Candidate – Peter ‘Peewee’ Ward

0

Peter WardName: Peter ‘Peewee’ Ward

Age: 23

Degree subject: Acoustical Engineering & Music

Positions held:

• Student Trustee
  • ISVR Course Rep
  • PAU Chair
  • Performing Arts Officer
  • Performing Arts Marketing Officer
  • Showstoppers Vice President
  • Showstoppers Technical Liaison
  • Showstoppers Publicity Officer

Campaign Slogan: Make the small man “the Big Man”

Strength: Being a voice for change for the better in SUSU, having the experience and knowledge of SUSU to make it achievable.

Interview:

1. Why did you decide to run for this position?

Coming from a Performing Arts background, I was originally planning on running for VP Student Engagement (as it was last year), but I quickly came to the realisation that the policies I had were more wide-ranging than just Engagement, and that they can affect every students’ life for the better.

2. What has been your best experience during your involvement with SUSU?

Taking the PAU from a defunct, stale organisation and bringing it to the level that Performing Arts now is, with room to get even bigger in the future!

3. What makes YOU the best candidate for the job? 

In being a voice for change for the better in SUSU, whilst also having the experience and knowledge to make it achievable.

4. How will you go about enriching student support with housing awareness?

A lot of work has already been done towards the SUSU letting agency, but I also believe that working with organisations such as ratemystudenthouse.org can go a long way to improving housing awareness.

5. What are you going to do to The Cube?

Start getting professionals in to work it out. Stop trying to clump together a night out and get someone with the expertise to deliver a nightlife with a lasting legacy.

6. How will you manage VPs effectively, considering their differing priorities? 

I don’t believe it is up to the president to “manage” the VPs, all the sabbs are equal and the president should only step in directly if the students have voiced their unhappiness with a particular sabb.

You can read Peewee’s manifesto HERE

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.