Update: Two Men Charged In Connection With Southampton Murder

2

Two men have been charged with the murder in connection with the shooting of Jamal Jones, which took place on Saturday 20th April.

The two men in question are Pierre Lewis, 20, and Isaac Boateng, 21 from London.

Lewis appeared before magistrates in Southampton on the morning of April 29, however an order under section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act meant that it could not be reported by media. Boateng appeared at Southampton Magistrates Court a day later on April 30th. During the hearing the court order which banned reporting of the charges was lifted.

Both men were remanded in custody and will appear at Winchester Crown Court on May 14.

Officers are also questioning a 19-year-old man arrested in London overnight.

Map showing St. Marys Street where the incident happened two weeks ago.

Jones died on April 20, after being taken to Southampton General Hospital in a life threatening condition. A post-mortem examination had confirmed that he died as a result of a shot gun wound to the head.

Since the incident, police officers have been working to reassure the Southampton community through high visibility patrols and an increased presence in the area.

The Wessex Scene will keep you updated as information becomes available.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.

So, first guy appeared in court on the 29th while the other one appeared in court “a day later on April 20”. Have the engineering departments invented something they’re not telling us about?

Hope these killers get the worse thrown at them how could they leave my little girl with out a father and a mother and father without a son crul evil men