Want to Join the Wessex Scene Team?

1

The Wessex Scene AGM, where we elect our new editorial team for the next academic year, is this Tuesday! 

The AGM will be held in Lecture Theatre A (Room 3001) of the Physics and Astronomy building (Building 46) from 6pm. If you are unsure of where that is, members of the current editorial team will be on concourse at 5:45 to take you there.

I would encourage anybody to run for a position, regardless of experience. When I ran for Pause editor last year, I had only written one article. 80 or so more articles later, and I couldn’t be happier I ran. Being a section editor for the Scene is a fantastic experience, and it’s a really fun community to be a part of.

Should you decide to run for any of the available positions, you have until MIDNIGHT TOMORROW to email editor@soton.ac.uk with 250 words on why you want to run. At the AGM, you will have one minute to explain why you’re the best man or woman for the job. If you are unable to attend the AGM, you can send in a one minute video or speech that will be played/read in your absence.

The available positions are:

• Deputy Editor
  • News Editor (x 2)
  • Features Editor (x 2)
  • Lifestyle Editor (x 2)
  • Politics Editor (x 2)
  • Comment Editor (x 2)
  • Sport Editor (x 2)
  • Travel Editor
  • International Editor
  • Science & Environment Editor
  • Winchester Editor
  • Pause Editor
  • Imagery Editors (x2)
  • Publicity
  • Online Manager
  • Head of Design

There will be a pizza at the AGM and we will head to the Stags afterwards for a drink, as if you needed any more incentives. Anybody associated with the Scene can turn up to vote too.

Should you need any more information, the Facebook event is here.

Hope to see you on Tuesday night!

Sam Everard
Editor Elect

Editor and MA English student. Follow on Twitter @SamEverard1