SUSU Offers £10 Reimbursement to Graduation Ball Tickets

4

SUSU have announced that they will offer a partial reimbursement of £10 to Graduation Ball ticket holders.

This unexpected saving has occurred on account of reduced costs following the last minute change in line up to the event which was held at Oceana last Monday.

Despite the night being an all-round success, which included acts Pendulum, DJ Fresh, Fleur, Amelia Lily, Scott Mills and Southampton alumni Chris Stark, many students were left feeling disappointed after headliner act Example cancelled due to illness.

Union president Sam Ling said:

“We were really disappointed when Example cancelled, especially as so many of the Graduation Ball attendees were looking forward to seeing him. We decided to offer a payment directly to attendees as their imminent graduations mean they won’t gain any direct benefit the reinvestment of the money saved in our provision for students.  I know that loads of people had a fantastic time at the event and that the partial reimbursement will help to console the few who felt let down.”

Students originally paid £49 to attend the Graduation Ball.

Grad Ball - News Blog

To claim the partial reimbursement, email your full name, postal address and student ID number to tenner@susu.org by 9am on Monday 15th July 2013. Following verification, a cheque will be issued in the name of the ticket purchaser and posted to the address provided.  

If your ticket was bought as a group, please speak to the person who made the booking as reimbursements are only made to the ticket purchaser.

The process is expected to be complete by mid-August.

For more queries contact: tenner@susu.org

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.

Does anyone even read this newspaper… SotonTab always reports on things far quicker.

Steve

Brilliant contribution and feedback. The universe thanks.

Wedge

I’m not one for defending trolls, Lacey’s comment was rude, but there IS feedback that can be taken from this: the Scene needs to be quicker off the mark to compete. Far too easy to be flippant and dismiss people, far better to work out why it is they felt the need to speak up.

When is SUSU itself actually going to publicise this? As far as I can tell, this article is the only place with the information on it! (I searched by couldn’t find the Tab version on their site – so even if they were quicker (see conversation above) their website is not easy to find things on!)
    It would be extremely underhand if this announcement is not publicised/ or e-mails sent out, and students miss the deadline or simply know nothing about it.