Police Seeking Female Witness Following Park Assault

1

Hampshire Police are appealing for a female witness who could have vital information after a 30-year-old man was assaulted in a Southampton park.

Hinkler Green. Photo courtesy of Southampton City Council.

The man was returning from a friend’s house shortly after 12.15am on Saturday, July 20 listening to music on his headphones when he was stopped by a woman warning him not to walk through Hinkler Green as he was likely to be assaulted.

He decided to walk though the park and was suddenly punched in the eye, knocking him to the ground as he walked past the basketball courts. The man was hit a second time before he managed to run away towards Ellwood Avenue.

The man who attacked him is described as white and aged 18-25. He was clean shaven with short dark hair and it’s believed he may have been with a group of around six other people who were nearby.

Hinkler Green in the Thornhill area, showing Ellwood Avenue where the victim ran towards.
Hinkler Green in the Thornhill area, showing Ellwood Avenue where the victim managed to run off to.

Officers would like to hear from any witnesses or anyone with information about the crime. In particular they would like to speak to the woman who tried to stop the victim before he went into the park. She is likely to have important information which could help find the person responsible.

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Hayley Goodsell at Bitterne Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.

appalling situation!! – but who has written this? – grammar is quite important! – “passed” should be replaced with “past”? – no proof readers then? – this is our youth………….lol