Update: Hunt for Couple Following Bedford Place Assault

0

Detectives have released CCTV footage of a couple who may be important witnesses to an assault which happened outside Junk nightclub on Friday 30th August.

Police are looking for a blonde woman in short shorts or a short skirt and the man seen with her. They were seen leaving the nightclub at the time the victim was punched.

CCTV footage of the couple who may have vital information regarding the assault.

As previously reported, the victim was knocked down on the corner of Winchester Street and Salisbury Street. It is believed that the attacker then became involved in a larger fight with several other people.

The victim was treated at Southampton General Hospital, where it was then discovered he had suffered a bleed on the brain.

Detectives especially want to locate a group of Asian men who were in the area at the time and may have been approached by the offender and his friends.

Police are appealing for contact from anyone who was in the area at the time of the assault.

Detective Constable Abigail Leeson said:

“There were many people in the street at the time of the incident, watching what was going on. If this was you, please come forward.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Leeson at Shirley CID on 101 or to ring the anonymous Crimestoppers charity line on 0800 555 111.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.