CCTV Image Released Following Male Sexual Assault

0

Police have released a CCTV photo of three people who may be important witnesses following the rape of a 22-year-old man on October 5.

The image shows three people walking along The Avenue, in the direction away from the city centre and on a route which would pass Cemetery Road.

Do you know these people?
CCTV Image: Do you know these people?

As previously reported in the Wessex Scene, the victim told police he was walking home along The Avenue at about 3am on October 5, after a night out. He had heard crying from the pay and display parking area of Cemetery Road. On investigating the noise, the victim was dragged into the bushes and raped.

Acting Detective Sergeant Simon Walters is appealing for identification of the three people in the CCTV:

“I am very keen to speak to the three people in this still image, which was taken at about 3.40am on the morning of the incident. They may hold key evidence which can identify the suspect in this attack. I also need to hear from anyone who thinks they can identify these people.

“I want to speak with anyone who was in Cemetery Road around this time. I want to make it clear that sensitivity and discretion can be assured.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Operation Key and Western Area CID at Southampton Central on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers charity line on 0800 555 111.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.