Update: E-fits Released of Two Men In Rape Investigation

0

Police have released e-fits of the two men suspected of raping an 18-year-old woman between 1.30 and 2.30am on Sunday, October 13th on a pathway between Mount Pleasant and Empress Road.

The two men are described as Eastern European, aged between 18 and 30. One spoke little broken English and the other suspect spoke no English. Both men are described to be roughly 5ft 8in.

suspect 1

suspect 2
Photo Credit: The Daily Echo

The 18-year-old was separated from her friends when she was approached by the two men. One of whom carried out the rape. A male friend of the victim then chased the two offenders as they fled along Imperial Road, into Empress Road and along Thomas Lewis Way into Lodge Road.

Detective Inspector Richard Sellwood has appealed to the public for information:

We would like to hear from anyone who thinks they recognise the two suspects and from the individual and the group who were in the area at the time of the incident and the chase of the suspects. You have vital information.

The police are also appealing for two particular witnesses. One witness walked past the victims and the two offenders as the incident was happening. Also, a group of four people standing near the junction of Thomas Lewis Way and Lodge Road directed the victim’s friend to the offenders.

Editor of Wessex Scene 2014-15
Features Editor 2013-14
Writer 2012-2013

I have been involved with the publication throughout my time at university. As editor, I have worked with my team to redesign the magazine, the website and even create special editions on top of our monthly issues.

I primarily write news, features and lifestyle pieces.