Fake Police Rob Family Home in Laburnum Road

0

A gang of 5 burglars imitated police officers before bursting into a family home at around 11.15pm last night. 

The family: a 42 year old woman, a 39 year old man and the woman’s son and daughter were upstairs when they first heard a loud banging noise.

The woman and children went downstairs to find the 5 men had broken in by smashing a window. The imitating officers then threatened to harm the woman and children if they moved.

The 39 year old man was upstairs when he was confronted by the burglars, who caused minor injuries to the man’s face.

After searching the home, the 5 men left in possession of a Samsung tablet.

All 5 men have been described as being in their late teens/early twenties, one man was described as being of a larger build. They all wore dark tracksuits, and their faces were masked by coverings, scarves and balaclavas.

The men fled towards the bottom end of Honeysuckle Road towards Burgess Road and Stoneham Way.

Detective Constable Lauren Dunkhason has said:

Not surprisingly the family have been left very shaken up by the experience. We don’t know the motivation for the burglary at this time, and enquiries are ongoing in order to establish this.

The police have asked that anyone who has any information about this crime to contact DC Lauren Dunkason at Bitterne CID on 101, or Crimestoppers if they prefer to report anything anonymously: 0800 555 111

Editor of Wessex Scene 2014-15
Features Editor 2013-14
Writer 2012-2013

I have been involved with the publication throughout my time at university. As editor, I have worked with my team to redesign the magazine, the website and even create special editions on top of our monthly issues.

I primarily write news, features and lifestyle pieces.