Two Student Houses Targeted by Burglars

2

Police have warned students to keep valuables hidden, as two houses were targeted in the early hours of the morning on October 29th.

A house on Holyrood Avenue in Highfield had a rock thrown through the ground floor bedroom window between 3.30 and 4.00 am.

The 20 year old student was asleep in the room at the time, heard the glass smash and discovered his MacBook Pro had been stolen.

A house on Hartley Avenue was also targeted just minutes later, between 4.00 and 4.30 am. The four occupants were having a meal when they heard a noise, but did not investigate. Two occupants later returned to their bedrooms to find around £400.00 in Hong Kong dollars had been taken.

Students have been warned by the police to be vigilant under the circumstances, and to contact Shelley Ripley at Bitterne station on 101, should they have any information regarding these two incidents.

Editor of Wessex Scene 2014-15 Features Editor 2013-14 Writer 2012-2013 I have been involved with the publication throughout my time at university. As editor, I have worked with my team to redesign the magazine, the website and even create special editions on top of our monthly issues. I primarily write news, features and lifestyle pieces.

Who has a meal, all 4 people at 4-4.30 am? [I know its not the point. . . just interested.] And how many of these people left the property easily visible from the window/street?

prg

People from Hong Kong. Maybe they were having breakfast. Normally Asian people prefer to keep their habits instead of integrate in UK.